Guidelines for Authors
“Vidwat – The Indian Journal of Management” is a peer reviewed journal published biannually in June and December. It invites academicians and practising managers to contribute research papers/articles. It is an ideal platform to showcase creative thoughts and ideas.
Vidwat has the following features:
Authors should conform to the following guidelines:
- Editorial perspective presents topical issues that call for managers’, administrators’, and policy makers’ attention.
- Articles on managerial and academic issues based on analytical, empirical or case research.
- Commentaries on preliminary research, published articles, current topics, and review of literature.
- Cases that describe a real-life situation – past, present or future forward, a decision or action taken or contemplated by an individual/organization
- Diagnoses presenting analyses of the cases by academicians and practitioners.
- Book Reviews covering reviews of current books on management by prominent authors.
- Bits & Pieces underlining a chosen concept.
- Letters to the editor.
Copyright: The author(s) should obtain permission from copyright holders, if necessary.
- Manuscript to be typed with 1.5 line spacing, Times New Roman in A4 size.
- Tables, charts, and graphs should be in black only. The source should be indicated at the bottom. Number and complexity of such exhibits should be minimal.
- References in the following format must be placed at the end of the manuscript:
- Text: Kotler (2002) has shown….
- Journal: A S C Ehrenberg, Hammond Kluge, G J Goodhardt. (1994). The After Effects of Price Related Consumer Promotions. Journal of Advertising Research, 34,2,11-21.
- Book: Robert E Shaw (2005). Marketing Payback: is your marketing profitable? Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle, NJ.
The manuscript accompanied by...
Review Process: All contributions will be blind reviewed.
- A bio sketch of the author(s) in about 200 words covering current designation, affiliation, specialization, books
- and articles published
- Executive summary of the current article in about 500 words
- A signed declaration stating that the paper is original and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere
- should be mailed at
before Mar 31 and Sept 30 respectively.
The review process usually takes about three months.
Vidwat reserves the right of making editorial amendments in the final draft to suit the journal’s requirements.
The decision of the Editorial Board is final.
Reprints: The author will receive five reprints along with a copy of Vidwat.